This is what happens when “Man wants to speak the ultimate and authoritative word.” Article by Doug Wilson.
The new sex ed. curriculum will teach the following. Much of what would be taught would fall under the criminal code of “sexual interference” a few (better) years ago. My quick list below is not in any particular order of importance, and most will be explicit in their instruction, but some will be implied. The destruction of faith and family has always been a stated goal of Marxist thought, and is certainly a goal of Cultural Marxism.
- Sex is a personal choice, and the authority of parents and religious faith are secondary to the self.
- The human person is autonomous. Nothing should impede personal freedom.
- Gender (male/female) is a social construct. The child may change gender at will, and identify with any number of options (see Facebook).
- Number in a sexual union is a social construct.
- Abortion is not evil, nor something which should bring shame or guilt.
- Abortion is acceptable for any reason at any time in a pregnancy, including the abortion of a baby of an undesired sex.
- Abortion is a good way to prevent children with birth defects from being born.
- Male, Female, single or two are optional and interchangeable in raising children. There is no preference to a stable, male/female parented family.
- Divorce is not a tragedy or failure.
- Sex before marriage in inevitable, so all precautions must be taken.
- Whatever you wish to do with your body is good and wholesome, as long as it is consensual and done safely.
- The State owns children.
- The State defines what constitutes marriage and family.
- The State supersedes religious faith and family.
- What is considered taboo now may well be approved by the State at a later time.
- Marriage is not for the endurance of the natural life of the married, and any number of unions may occur in a person’s life.
- Sodomy is not a sin, nor unnatural, nor a problem to solve. It is as normal and healthy as heterosexuality.
- Church and family must defer to State authorities on these matters.
What the Educational establishment doesn’t know (or does know and refuses to heed), is that Jesus words are true:
Matthew 18:5–6 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.”